Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fold-Up Card How-to....

I had a couple of you ask how to make the Fold-Up Card I showed you in my recent post, so I thought I'd explain how to make it.  Here is the card we are talking about:

For the card, you will need:
One 8" x 12" pc. of cardstock
Two 3-5/8" squares of designer paper for fronts and inside fronts
Four 1-3/4" x 3-3/4" rectangles of designer paper for the top and bottom flaps
One 3-3/4" square of vanilla or white CS for sentiment inside.
Decorations for your front.

Here is a tutorial in pictures:





Cut four 1-3/4" x 3-3/4" rectangles of designer paper and adhere them to the fronts and insides of the top and bottom flaps, the ones that fold in over the center.  (No picture to go with this step, but you can see them decorated in the picture below.)
I made two cards while making the tutorial.  On one, I cut the center section too wide and my two triangle sides folded in did not meet, so I added this little scalloped piece to the side.  I also used striped paper inside this one as I was running short of the print paper.  Here is one card, front and inside.


Here is the front of the second card.   When attaching your front decoration, be sure not to put adhesive on the entire back of it.  It adheres to one side and overlaps the other side.  If you have adhesive on the whole back of your decoration, it will stick on both sides and you will not be able to open the card.

 Inside:
I hope these pictures will help you make your own Fold-Up Card.  If you still have questions, leave a comment and I'll answer them.   Have fun with this one!!
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us. I'm wondering what holds the card front together? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.