Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yes, Father's Day!

It's hard to believe that it isn't that long until Father's Day.  Well, OK, about 2 months from now, but if you want to start on your Father's Day cards, today's post is for you.  Some of my customers do not send Fathers Day cards because their fathers are deceased and they say their husband isn't their father.  Well, how about our sons and sons-in-law who are fathers to our grandchildren?  I always send a Fathers Day card to my son thanking him for being a great dad to my grandchildren.  I also send cards to my brothers-in-laws thanking them for being good fathers to my nieces and nephews.  We all have someone who could LOVE to receive a Happy Father's Day card!

This card was made using a color challenge I saw online, the Color Throwdown color challenge #230. It uses the colors you will see below.  One change I made was to use Whisper White, rather than Very Vanilla.  

My card itself is made using the Marina Mist card stock.  I ran the front of the card through the Big Shot using the Lattice Squares folder and sponged a little Soft Suede around the edges.  I cut a rectangle of Lucky Limeade to go on that.  The "ribbon look" down the side is Cajun Craze, run through the Big Shot using the Chevron folder and sponged with suede ink.  

                                         
Here is a close-up of the watch.
I stamped the watch three times in 3 different colors.  I stamped it first on this 2-1/2" circle using Suede ink.  I stamped it again in Cajun Craze on a scrap and cut out just the band of the watch and glued those onto the original suede watch.  Then the third time I stamped it with Marina Mist and used the 1" circle punch to cut out the face of the watch.  I used dimensionals to pop up the face onto the watch.

And below I added the stamped sentiment from the  Best Dad Ever stamp set.  I LOVE this set because it has several great sizes and different fonts used for the words in the set.  It's one of my "go to" sets.
Finally, I added three blue brads at the bottom of the card, to give it some more texture and dimension.

My brothers-in-laws will be getting this one in June.  I hope it has inspired you to get started on your Fathers Day cards--and to think of men who would love to receive one!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.