Thursday, September 13, 2012

Two to share today....

Today I'm sharing two cards I made using the same layout.  I participated in a swap in one of my yahoo groups, and this first one is the card I made for it.  

Sorry the front isn't closed well in this shot.  It's hard to see the Cajun Craze strip I punched it with the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Punch to adhere to the "inside" of the card--which really shows from the front. 

 This card is made from Island Indigo cardstock.  I cut 1-1/4" off the front before I put the white cardstock on it.  I did emboss the white with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  
I used the Orchard Harvest designer paper for the "flags" on this one.  

 Here is a close-up of the sentiment.  I punched white using the Apothecary Accents Framelits die.  I also punched a Old Olive one and a Cajun Craze one and trimmed them off to put behind the white piece.  I like how this one turned out.

 I hope the girls I swapped with like my sample!  I was a bit bothered that the "flags" were just "stuck" there, so I decided to make a Christmas card using this layout and I anchored them with a piece of card stock.

Here is the Christmas card, made using Baja Breeze and Cherry Cobbler card stock, but non-SU designer paper.  I used the Finishing Touches Framelet for the strip down the right side of the card.  I also layered the designer paper on the front of this one with Cherry Cobbler.  I think that extra layer adds more color!
Here is a close-up shot of the sentiment on this card.  I used the "NOEL" from the Greetings of the Season set in the Holiday Mini.

I stamped it on white and this time, rather than putting the two pieces on the top and bottom and then the sides, I decided to put two layers on the top and two on the bottom.  Just shows you there are many ways to layer this die.
Hope you like these two cards!  Leave me your comments!!  And come back often!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Really nice - classic - colorful cards - I always enjoy yours! ;-}
    Lynden
    http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.