Friday, May 25, 2012

Color Challenge.....

I know, it's been "forever" since I have posted an entry.  Needless to say, I've been busy with other things.  Yes, I am still stamping and have some things to show you, but I also have other stuff going on.  I guess it's good for us to stay involved with many things, but there's never enough hours in the day!! 

I do have a sample to show you today. This one was for a color challenge.  We had these two pictures to inspire us
   
Notice the colors, dots, sun-ray like painting?  Well, for my challenge partner, I made this card.

I used Stampin' Up!'s Patterns stack in two color families and also some new designer paper that will be coming out in the new catalog--Floral District.  I smudged the edges of the "rays" so that they blend and show up better.  Here is a close-up of the sentiment.   It is from the Thoughts and Prayers set.

Again I smudged the edges of the wide oval.  It is layered onto a new die cut shape from the new catalog.  It's from the Apothecary Accents Framelits set.  I added the brads and narrow ribbon for interest.

I haven't heard from my swap partner yet.  I hope she likes this one.  And I hope you will come back soon!!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.