Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Circle Flower.....

Today I am sharing another color challenge sample with you.  Here are the pictures we had to inspire us for this week's challenge:


For my card, I again used the Summer Smooches designer paper.  There are so many pretty designs and colors in this series.  You will be able to order it on June 1 when the new Stampin' Up! catalog goes live. I've found several series of designer paper in the new catalog that I cannot wait to buy and play with.

OH, the card.....Well, I used Poppy Parade for this card, but the designer paper goes with Riding Hood Red.  Anyway, I added 3 layers of designer paper to the front of it.  
Since the print in the designer paper has these little ROUND flowers, I decided to make a round flower for my card.  And the circle sort of reflects the cherries in the inspiration photo.  
Here is a close-up of my flower....
I used the largest petal on the Blossoms Petal Builder punch to make the flower pot.  I just cut off the wavy part of the petal.  I thought the "rhinestone" jewel in the canter made it pop.

The sentiment, Have a Wonderful Week, is from the Sweetly Said stamp set that is, alas, retiring on May 31.  I have loved that set!!

Here are three samples I received from other girls participating in the challenge:
Jeanne Nielsen
 Priscilla Grunes
 Rose Kerry

Aren't they all delightful!!! I love these challenges!!

Have a great day and visit me often!!
Smiles, Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.