Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Comfort and Joy....

I've been absent a few days.  We had a rather sad Thanksgiving.  My step-mother had been in declining health for some time and was in Hospice care. She passed away Thanksgiving afternoon.  Such a sad time for my dad--for us all.  My husband and I were there with Dad and with her when she slipped away.  So I've been out of town with family since last Wednesday.  I am glad to be back with you all and back into my own routine.

Here is a card I made recently using the Stars die.  The card itself is Concord Crush cardstock, layered with Brushed silver and topped with Wisteria Wonder that I ran through the Snow Burst embossing folder.  
I punched the stars from Silver glimmer paper that I had torn the back layer of paper off--so it was not as heavy.  I embossed the sentiment (from the Word Play stamp set) on Concord Crush cardstock with silver embossing powder.  I punched this out with the Decorative Layer punch.  I backed the with brushed silver card stock also punched with the Decorative Layer punch.  The very smallest star on the "JOY" and on the card was punched using a little punch I had on hand.

Hope you enjoy this one!  Thanks for visiting!  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.