Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lace Ribbon Border .....

They are laying the tile in the bathroom and the kitchen backsplash today so my house renovations are almost done! Yeah!!  I'm ready to get the house back to normal (whatever that is) and start playing with my stamps again.   (Ed. note:  Obvisouly they aren't laying tile today, Sunday.  I wrote this entry on Thursday and just wasn't thinking about when it would post.  Sorry!!)
Today I thought I'd share another sample I got to make recently.  I used the new Lace Ribbon Border punch on this one--using Pear Pizzazz cardstock for it.  I layered that onto Pacific Point.  I made a trim in Night of Navy using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and put half of it behind the Pacific Point strip.   I wanted that to be the focal point of this card, but knew it needed something on the right side.
                                    
 So I punched out a flower using the Blossom Party die.  The largest layer of the flower is Pacific Point, the next layer is Night of Nave and the top layer is Pear Pizzazz.  I put a Navy center to the flower and added a Glimmer Brad from the Basics collection.  I popped up the flower with dimensionals and curled the petals a bit to give it dimension.
Here is the sentiment on this card.  I used the new stamp set, Friendly Phrases, to add "Wow, You're the best".  It is stamped in navy on pear cardstock, backed with Pacific Point.  I know I'm going to be using this set A LOT!
Well, that's my share for the day.  I hope you like it!!  With so many new goodies to play with, I can't decide where to start.  Stay tuned to see more! 

Thanks for stopping by!!  Come again!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Wow! I just love everything about this one. The layered flower, the awesome color combo and that sentiment set is my new favorite. Gotta love new stamping supplies. Thanks for the inspiration today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura I just became a new follower of your blog. I love your work, I hope you will stop by my blog and follow me as well.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.