Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Mashup Sketch--Sweet Summer....

 I saw this beautiful card by Anne Marie Hite on her blog and knew I had to try this sketch.  (You can visit Anne Marie's blog here.)  She had used a Friday Mashup Sketch which called for certain colors to be used.  I didn't care about the colors, but I loved the layout.  So I have designed two cards using this sketch (right).  

My first one is a Mothers Day card.  I sent this to my grandchildren's mom and to my sister-in-law for their Mothers Day card.  I hope they like it. (I'll share the other card I made in my next entry.)

Here is my card (below).

I used Elegant Eggplant for my card and matter the striped paper from the Lap of Luxury DSP series on Pretty in Pink cardstock.  Yes, you are right--that's t Sweet Summer  stamp set that was available during Sale-a-bration.  I know, I know, I miss it too! 

The stems, leaves and floers are stamped in eggplant on Very Vanilla cardstock.  The leaves are colored with the Always Artichoke marker. 

I used the Pretty in Pink 3/8" taffeta ribbon on this card---behind the image and sentiment, rather than in front of it as the sketch shows. 
Here is a close-up of the sentiment.  The Happy Mother's Day is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock and punched it out using the Word Window punch, and layered that on Pretty in Pink, punched with the Moderl Label pupnch.  I raised it up with dimensionals, but it's hard to tell.  I have the pink label on more Lap of Luxury DSP (the purple piece).  Below the label is an eggplant border punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch.  I love how that looks on it. 
                                  
 Here is a close-up of the circle behind the image piece.  I punched a pink 1-3/8" circle and layered an eggplant 1-1/4" circle on that.  I added a Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad in pink to the circle. 
Those flowers on the image are stamped with eggplant and colored with the eggplant and pink markers.  They are also popped up using dimensionals.  I use a TON of those because I love raised things on mhy cards.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  See you again, I hope!!  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Haha, so as I scrolled down I see that you have been busy with that sketch, too. :) How fun to see my card there, too! Thanks so much for the shout out! Love the beautiful colors you used and that SAB set is one that I know I will be hanging on to. I especially like those popped up flowers. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.