Friday, April 8, 2011

Triple Butterfly....

Today I want to share a card I made recently using the Beautiful Butterflies die.  Here is the card laying flat on a table---like you'd mail it.
Here is how it looks when you "fluff" it up.    I love how this butterfly turned out.  The card itself is Tangerine Tango cardstock, with a mat of Pumpkin Pie and striped Daffodil Delight from the Patterns Paper Stack on top of that. 
From the side, you can see the butterfly layers.  It, too, is Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight.  I ran all three through Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I added dimensionals in between each of the layers, and then added 3 brads to the center.  You can see the brads in the first picture.  I smudged Tangerine onto each layer to add some color.
Here is a shot of  how the butterfly stands.  I folded some Tangerine cardstock  in half and ran it through the same butterfly die, to give me one on the fold.  Then I folded the front in half and glued my butterfly to the bottom half of that one.  The bottom part of the butterfly I put behind the long piece that goes across my card.  (Is that clear as mud?  It's hard to explain, but I hope the pictures explain it better than I am.)  If you are familiar witih an easel card, this is an easel butterfly on the front of a card.
I love how this card can lay flat for mailing, but when you lay it on the table, you can stand up the butterfly and fluff it and have a great butterfly to view.  My dad got out of the hospital recently---I'm going to make one to send to him!!  He'll like it.

Here is the Hello sentiment on the card.
Again, I sponged around the scalloped oval and run the Pumpkin oval through the embossing folder to give it some texture.  "Hello" is from the Tiny Teacup stampset.

I hope you like this one!!  Go try one yourself!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  Leave me comments as I love seeing what you think about my work---be kind and gentle.  ha!  You guys always are!!

Editorial note:  I first saw an easel butterfly card on Bronwyn Eastley's blog (here).  Hers was a small sized card, like a gift enclosure, just the size of the butterfly.  I added mine to a regular sized card and also made all three layers of the butterfly the same size.  So while mine is not identical to Bronwyn's design, I do want to credit her with the idea.  Thanks Bronwyn , for inspiring me.  Check out her blog for her other great work!

 
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Your butterfly pop-up idea is great! Little girls would love it too in pinks or purples.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.