Tuesday, November 16, 2010

French Foliage.....

Here is another birthday card I made recently for my friend Sandy. She is another of the girls who celebrated her birthday this month.  I used Marina Mist and Crumb Cake for this card.  I stamped the oak leaf from the French Foliage stamp set (from the Holiday mini) in both Marina Mist and Crumb Cake and cut them out.  I embossed the Crumb Cake background using the Finial Press embossing folder.  I mounted the leaves onto a piece of vanilla cardstock backed with Marina Mist.  I stamped a few "splatters" on the vanilla, too, and stamped the sentiment from the Sincere Salutations.
                           
 Here is a close-up of the leaves.  I used  the 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon in Marina Mist (see an earlier post about how much I LOVE this ribbon) at the base of the leaves.  I put one of the Glimmer Brads in the center of the ribbon.  I love that effect.
Of the birthday cards I've made this month, this is one of my very favorites!  Hope you like it, too!
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.