Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bells and Boughs

Today I wanted to share with you another card we made in our October classes.  This one is made using Cherry Cobbler cardstock, with Old Olive at the complimentary color.
To really see how this card opens, you have to see this close-up (below).  To make this one, I scored the left side of the long piece of CS (4.25" x 11") at 1-1/4" and folded it.  Then I folded the other longer end to meet that end, so that it almost looked like a book of matches, except that the two ends touched rather than overlapping.  Then I cut 1-1/4" off the longer end, so that there was an opening showing the inside of the card.  (Is that clear as mud?  I hope you understand it.)  Inside between the two edges (in the opening) is where I glued a 4-1/4" x 1-1/4" piece of designer series paper.  This was from the Jolly Holiday pack.  This card is a GREAT way to use up DSP scraps!  I also ran the two sides of the front of  the card through the Big Shot embossing it with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.

Then I stamped the image from the Bells and Boughs stamp set in the Holiday Mini on Very Vanilla CS and colored it with reinkers and my aqua painter.  I rounded the corners of the Vanilla CS and mounted it on Old  Olive CS, also with rounded edges.  The "A Merry Christmas" sentiment is also from the Bells and Boughs set.  I stamped it in the Cherry Cobbler ink and punched it with a large oval punch.  I matted that onto a scalloped oval in Old Olive. 

Now the trick on this one.  You only glue one side of the image piece (the LEFT EDGE) onto the left side of the card.  Lay that down and only glue the RIGHT side of the scalloped oval down so that the image piece is fitted under it.  This is what holds the card closed.  You tuck the image piece under the sentiment piece.  If all this isn't clear enough, leave your questions and I'll clarify! 

Thanks for stopping by today!! More later......  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.