Monday, August 23, 2010

Folded Flower....

Today I wanted to share with you a card we made at my August classes that has the neatest flower on it--and one that's easy to make. The card itself is made with Soft Suede CS topped with Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake. There's lot of new supplies used on this card. I embossed the Baja Breeze background using the new Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. That gives it the delightful raised effect. I punched the three bands to go across that using the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. It looks like real ribbon and is an easy punch to use. I cut the oval using the Ovals die in my Big Shot.

The wording on this one is from the Level 2 Hostess set, Apple Blossom. I inked it first in Baja Breeze and then used my suede marker to color certain words. I like it two-toned like that.
These flowers were fun to make. For each one, you punch 4 circles from the designer paper using the 1-3/8" circle punch. I used the new Elegant Soiree DSP for them. Fold each one in half and then fold that in half, so it is a quarter of a circle. Crease it well. Then unfold it, and fold it on the diagonal so that the two creases form an "X"--just do this one way, not both ways. Open it back up and tuck those little folds inside to make the quarter flower again. See that in the picture above. Glue all 4 quads onto another circle and you have the flower.

This shot taken from above the flower shows how the 4 quads fit together. I put a pearl from the Basic Pearl Jewels set in the center. Fluff up the flower to get the full effect, but laying flat it is a very "mail-able" card. And I also added 3 very small pearls at the bottom of the oval under the wording. I like how this card turned out!! Smiles, Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.