Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Under the Stars....

My grandchildren are at the beach this week with their dad. I wanted to send them each a card, something they would enjoy when they opened it. Here is the card I made for Dillon;I saw this on someone's blog but do not have their name. (It flashed across my "review" of scrolling pictures from blogs, which I have set to do automatically.) Anyway, I'm sorry I cannot give credit to the person who dreamed u pthis bear on the "beach towel". But isn't he cute. I changed the colors and patterns, of course. I stamped "Let the relaxation begin" from a retired stamp set, but it seemed perfect for this card. Inside I stamped "GREAT!" Of course the bear is from the Under the Stars stampset. I punched the "umbrella" using the Modern Label punch. I think a 12 year old boy will like this card.
For Jessica, I made this card:I think this design of these two ladies were originalyl by Ellen Kemper, the punch art queen. Alot of us have copied these girls!! You can see her blog here. I used various punches to make the two girls and their sun bonnets. The girl on the left is Jessica and the other on the right is my daughter-in-law. Of course Jessica is having a "virgin" strawberry daiquiri. The drinks are from the Cheers to You stamp set. I just love how this card turned out. Love those girls, Ellen!!

The inside looks like this. "Enjoy" is from the Enjoy Every moment set which retires this week. Hate to loose that one!

Well, I hope the kids like getting these two cards. I love to have them get mail when they are away from home!

Come by again. I'll have more samples later in the week. Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. The bear was from my blog too - first post I ever made.

    Love the way you did the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.